Thursday, August 28, 2008

Days 2-4

I wanted to post every day and let you know how things are going- but the kids and I have been so busy, I just haven't gotten around to it! I apologize.
Things are going well on the trip. On Tuesday, the rain held off until 4pm, so they got some good skating time in. Today it rained a lot, so they only got a little bit of time at one park- but they've all had great attitudes. Joel said it has been an amazing trip this year. A lot of time encouraging each other in the Word, witnessing, and just reading the Word. What a blessing! Pray that this will be lasting for them all- that they will come home and continue to feast in the Bible and grow!
The kids and I are doing well. We've taken the opportunity to do our fall cleaning while Joel is gone. The house has been dusted and scrubbed top to bottom. Admittedly, I skipped a few closets and the laundry/mud room- but the rest of the house is quite clean. :) Tomorrow, I need to focus on getting things ready for the school year, as we will be homeschooling. Daisy will be in 2nd grade (except in math) and Ian will be starting Kindergarten; so I will have a lot of organizing to do to prepare for that!
Thank you so very much for all your prayers! Tomorrow the skaters come home. (we are very excited!) Pray that they will have a safe and uneventful time on the roads. So far the old vans are doing well- pray for that to continue!! Thank you!!!!!!!

No comments: